Joint 15th International Conference on Software and System Processes (ICSSP) and 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE)
May 23–24, 2021 | Co-located with ICSE 2021
ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 will be held virtually
OverviewAfter last year's success, the International Conference on Software and Systems Process (ICSSP) and the International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE) decided to join their forces again for a new joint edition of their annual events. Both conferences bring together researchers and practitioners to share their research findings, experiences, and new ideas on diverse themes related to global software engineering and software and systems processes.
Conference Theme: "New work styles require new ideas: Adapting software processes and human behaviors." Please refer to the CFP!
Conference Flyer can be downloaded here!
Topics of interestSubmissions must be related to software and systems processes and/or global software engineering and we are especially interested in, but not limited to, papers addressing the topics in the following list:
|Methods and processes
Call for submissionSubmissions are invited for unpublished original work in the following categories:
- Research papers – full papers (10 pages) and short papers (5 pages). Two more pages containing only references are permitted.
- Experience reports – by industry (5 pages)
- Industry talks – by industry (2 slides summary)
- Doctoral track– research proposals by doctoral candidates (4 pages)
- Journal first – original works published only on Journal but never presented in a conference.
ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 is the latest in a series of conferences that have been organized by the International Software and Systems Process Association (ISSPA). The ISSPA has sponsored or co-sponsored seven previous ICSSP conferences, held at sites around the world, dating back to 2007. Proceedings of the ICSSP conferences are available through the ACM Digital Library. Extended versions of selected papers from several years have been published in the Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (Wiley). More information about the International Software and Systems Process Association is available here.
The previous conferences:
ICSSP2019, Montreal, QC, Canada (Co-hosted with ICSE)
ICSSP2018, Gothenburg, Sweden (Co-hosted with ICSE)
ICSSP2017, Paris, France
ICSSP2016, Austin (TX), USA (Co-hosted with ICSE)
ICGSE originates from the series of International Conferences on Global Software Engineering organized by IEEE/ACM, which started in 2006 and has ever since been organized as an annual event in different parts of the world. Since 2017, ICGSE is held as a co-located event with ICSE. In 2021, the conference series reaches its 16th addition.
ICGSE traditionally brings together researchers and practitioners to share their research findings, experiences, and new ideas on diverse themes related to global software engineering, distributed and remote work. Proceedings of the ICGSE conferences are available through the IEEE cS Digital Library. Extended versions of selected papers from several years have been published in the various prominent journals, including Empirical Software Engineering journal, Information and Software Technology journal and Journal of Systems and Software.
More information about the International Conference on Global Software Engineering is available here. Link to ICGSE Series
- 1st ICGSE 2006 – Florianópolis, Brazil
- 2nd ICGSE 2007 – Munich, Germany
- 3rd ICGSE 2008 – Bangalore, India
- 4th ICGSE 2009 – Limerick, Ireland
- 5th ICGSE 2010 – Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- 6th ICGSE 2011 – Helsinki, Finland
- 7th ICGSE 2012 – Porto Alegre, Brazil
- 8th iCGSE 2013 – Bari, Italy
- 9th ICGSE 2014 – Shanghai, China
- 10th ICGSE 2015 – Cuidad Real, Spain
- 11th ICGSE 2016 – Orange County, California, USA
- 12th ICGSE 2017 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – held as a co-located event with ICSE
- 13th ICGSE 2018 – Gothenburg, Sweden – held as a co-located event with ICSE
- 14th ICGSE 2019 – Montreal, QC, Canada – held as a co-located event with ICSE
- 15th ICGSE 2020 – organized online as a joint event with ICSSP, held as a co-located event with ICSE